celebrating

Thursday, January 2, 2014





This year, I had the most wonderful BirthdayChristmas. As always, I missed my family, but knowing that would be the case, my husband really tried to make it special. I don't normally do anything to celebrate my birthday, but my good friend (who also organised my blessingway) insisted that I do something. And so, a last minute email was sent inviting people to a vegetarian picnic in the park, and what do you know? People came. There were old friends, new friends, babies, babies in bellies, a puppy and a gaggle of kids. It was chaos, of the best kind.



A couple of days later, on my actual birthday, I slept in and was treated to pancakes and tea in bed. It's always been a tradition in my family for the birthday person to open their gifts in bed, and that's just what I did. I was spoiled with everything I asked for and more. My husband somehow tracked down The Horse watch I asked for (it was the only one in Sydney!), and a pair of sunglasses while my mom sent me clothes from my favourite Vancouver shops. My husband and I also received an iPad as a Christmas gift from his mum and step-dad, and boy oh boy, we are loving it!

In the afternoon we had Christmas lunch at my in laws' home. This year, for the first time, there were two babies there: Clementine and her second cousin. It really is true that children make Christmas magical, even when the children in question have no idea what's going on. Clementine was just happy that there were piles and piles of wrapping paper to play with. The first Christmas... what a milestone!

8 comments:

  1. Aw lovely pics. And Happy New Year Gaby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous, Gaby - and so does Clementine <3 her little orange dress is to die for! Aaaw!

    Happy birthday!

    Lots of love, glad you've had a good time :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great birthday and your family and friends tried to make it special. Happy Birthday and Happy New Year! Regards Kathu A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe my in laws got me that watch for Christmas! Can I just say I love Clementine's Christmas dress! Just divine...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds and looks like a perfect time!
    happy b-day and new year gaby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, so much fun! Puppies and babies and cake and yummy food! We had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful gathering! Loving these photographs :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger